I loved it before ’cause…
– The Sixth Sense was inventive.
– classic mystery/thriller.
– I had the hots for Bruce Willis.
– WTF mindfuck ending.
– it suited the time.
– I wasn’t allowed to see it for a really long time.
Why I hate it now…
– it doesn’t hold well after the jist is out.
– have you seen the crap Shyamalan has been putting out there …
– so don’t have the hots for Willis any more.
– it doesn’t feel as fresh as it did back then.
– in retrospect is quite overrated.
P.S I rarely hate movies. I usually find them either boring or irrelevant or just not good/fun/entertaining, so saying I hate The Sixth Sense is a bit of an overstatement. For me, what I look for in a film, is its ability to surprise you, to make you feel something or hold over several viewings, giving you something different each time you watch it. As a kid, I felt this way about The Sixth Sense. After seeing about 500 other thrillers afterwards I can safely say that I now find it merely ok, and dislike it due to its popularity and critical apprisal, when so many better films go unrecognised.